With only a month to go until the Voice Festival Community Competition in Birmingham on 12 April, we are busily* preparing our highly secret 12-minute set. The ideas for the set ranged far and wide, from offering to do requests (a bit too much like a tightrope act without a safety net – or, frankly, a tightrope), to some sort of Gabarek/Hilliard-esque mashing of Renaissance polyphony and the latest tchoons.
What we’re actually preparing is (of course) a highly guarded secret**, but we can tell you this for now:
- Lizzie plays a sorrowful amnesiac
- James wishes to be visited by circus performers
- Tom G and Daz carry fossil fuel
- Rachel will always have someone with her – even if she wants to go for a windy or rainy stroll in the country
Hope to see you on 2 April in London, and/or on 12 April in Birmingham.
* Within the confines of our normal weekly 2-hour rehearsals, plus a bit of solo notelearning. We wouldn’t want you to think we were trying too hard ….
** Not actually that highly guarded. You can come along to our 2 April preview gig if you want to see how it will go (see blog posts below).